Packed into the compact and lightweight D3100 is a host of advanced Nikon technologies. The EXPEED 2 image processing engine, in conjunction with Nikon's new 14.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor, is the driving force behind the camera's enhanced performance and rich image quality. Plus, it can record Full HD movie clips, and includes the DX 18-55mm VR f.3.5-5.6 lens.
Inside its lightweight body, the D3100 features superior ergonomics. A secure grip makes the camera comfortable to handle, while dedicated controls for frequently used functions like Live View, D-Movie and shutter release make it a joy to operate.
- Compatible with Nikon D3100 & D5100
- The 14.2MP DX-format CMOS image sensor delivers lifelike images with vivid colours, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations
- EXPEED 2 provides enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality
- High ISO (100-3200) light sensitivity is extendable up to 12800, and features an Auto ISO setting that enables faster shutter speeds, significantly reducing the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light
- GUIDE mode is quick and easy-to-use in-camera assistance; it automatically optimizes settings for superior results
- D-Movie lets you record beautiful high-definition (Full HD 1920x1080) movie clips with sound
- Make simple edits of your clips in-camera by deleting scenes or saving specific frames as still images
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector makes it easy to compose images using the LCD monitor
- Fulltime servo AF (AF-F) mode keeps subjects in focus without the need to press the shutter release button
- The large 3, high-resolution LCD monitor makes it easy to view essential camera information, and review and edit your photos and movies
- Razor-sharp 11-point Autofocus system offers fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame; four AF-area modes such as 3D-tracking AF, deliver sharp results, whether your subject is off-centre, moving fast or completely unpredictable
- Active D-Lighting automatically retains details in highlights and shadows for stunning images with natural contrast
- Six Picture Controls settings let you set the look and mood of your images before you shoot.
- Extensive in-camera editing functions let you edit and enhance images and movies in the camera
- Dual Integrated dust reduction system; Image Sensor Cleaning and Airflow Control systems keep dust away from the camera's image sensor for clear, spot-free images
- Includes the DX 18-55mm VR f.3.5-5.6 lens for more creative possibilities