Certain items, like TVs that are over 43’ or home appliances, are large enough that we need to schedule a date and time when our own carriers can make the delivery.
After your order has been processed, you will receive an email informing you of the first available date we can make the delivery. If this date is acceptable, simply wait for our carrier to call and schedule a specific time. You can expect this call in the evening before the day of delivery. If the date provided is not acceptable, you can call the number listed in the email at least 2 days prior to delivery in order to choose another available date.
Your Scheduled Delivery item will fall under one of two categories: Local Delivery or Remote Delivery.
This applies to addresses outside our carrier’s normal delivery route. Our carrier will call you to set up a date and time. You can expect this phone call within seven days of receiving your delivery notification email.
For addresses that fall within the normal delivery route, the notification email you receive will inform you of the first possible date our carrier can make the delivery. The evening before your delivery date, our carrier will call you to give an estimation of when they’ll arrive.
If the date provided is unacceptable, you can call us to set up an alternate one at the number provided in the notification email or call our Customer Service centre.
What you should expect during your Scheduled Delivery:
- All units will be uncrated and placed where required (except dishwashers, and plasma and LCD TVs). All external packaging will be removed from your home.
- If the item being delivered is replacing an older model, our delivery personnel will relocate the older model to another part of your home, as long as the new location is not too burdensome to reach. We will also move the old item to the curb for municipal pickup. If you would like us to take the older model away, we can do so for a recycling fee. Details about your options surrounding relocation and recycling of older units are available in your delivery notification email.
- Our delivery specialists take proper care of your home and premises by using carpet runners and footwear protectors to prevent dirt from entering your home.
- Delivery personnel are not permitted to enter your home unattended or to have a minor receive the delivery.
- A walkthrough of your home to determine any pre-existing conditions and placement of the delivery item. Please note that delivery personnel are not permitted to remove their protective footwear.
- Opening of the box, for televisions, so you have the opportunity to inspect your product. Please note that delivery personnel are not able to build stands or other accessory items. For complete installation and setup options for home theatre components, please contact a ConnectPro Expert: 1-866-4CONNECT (426-6632) or futureshop.ca/connectpro.
- Fully connecting a washer and dryer to existing outlets (with the exception of gas appliances, or where carpentry or electrical work is required) including water hookup, leveling, removal of packing straps, vent connection and testing of units to ensure proper installation. The dryer must be hooked up with metal venting, not plastic or foil.
- Moving your old fridge outside for disposal. Please note that fridges will not be moved outside unless the door has already been removed beforehand.
- Full connection of a fridge or range (including putting it in place and leveling) except for connection of water lines, hard wire fridges or installation of Tip Kits on ranges.
- Dishwasher, home theatre-in-a-box, fitness and any other equipment deliveries are restricted to drop–off service only.
Our Scheduled Delivery carriers are not able to manipulate a live gas connection. You will need to make arrangements to have your new gas appliance installed by a licensed gas fitter. Please contact your local gas company to arrange for these services prior to receiving your new appliance.
Your delivery may arrive when the licensed gas fitter is unavailable, so if you’ve chosen to recycle your old appliance, our carrier can return at a later date to recover the old appliance once the new unit has been installed.
The following is NOT included with Scheduled Delivery:
- Connection of any gas or built-in appliances
- Any electrical, plumbing or carpentry work to connect any products
- Wall hanging of plasma and LCD TVs*
- Programming or home theatre installation services.*
- Building stands or other accessories.*
*For complete installation and setup options for home theatre components, please contact a ConnectPro Expert: 1-866-4CONNECT (426-6632) or futureshop.ca/connectpro.
What to do if you product is not working properly:
If your product has arrived damaged, the delivery personnel will discuss your options with you.
If your product is not working as expected within 30 days of purchase, call 1-866-585-4494 and a technician will be sent to your home at no charge, provided you live within a 60km radius of a Future Shop store location (otherwise some remote area restrictions apply).
Tips to help make your delivery go smoothly:
- Measure the item’s placement area beforehand to ensure a perfect fit in your home. Consider measuring the width of doors, hallways and stairs to avoid any potential obstacles. Ensure you have removed doors if necessary beforehand if additional clearance is needed.
- Please make sure someone 18 years or older is available to accept the delivery during your scheduled delivery time window.
- Please take the time to inspect your new product before signing the driver’s waiver form.
Large Screen TVs:
- Please ensure that your old TV is disconnected from the wall and other components.
- For LCD and plasma TVs, we recommend you allow the TV to reach room temperature before turning it on. This usually takes an hour or two.
- Please disconnect your old appliances.
- Please ensure you have the necessary metal venting if you have purchased a dryer, and the necessary hosing kit and stacking kit if you have purchased a washer. Confirm with a Product Expert that you have everything necessary for setup of your purchases.
Need more help? Have a question you don’t see an answer to here? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our customer service at 1-866-585-4494.