Weekend of festivities includes performances by local musicians, huge giveaways, door-crasher deals and a chance to meet country music star Tara Oram
1. Future Shop is excited to open its second store in Barrie, a 30.000 sq. ft. location on Concert Way.
2. Media are invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Boys and Girls Clubs of North Simcoe on Friday, August 26 at 9:45 a.m. EST
3. Grand opening celebrations are taking place throughout the weekend, including performances by local musicians, exciting giveaways and an appearance with country music star Tara Oram
(Barrie, ON) August 22, 2011 – On Friday, August 26, Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, celebrates the opening of its 148th store in Barrie. Grand opening celebrations throughout the weekend include a donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs of North Simcoe, door-crasher deals and giveaways. Customers are invited to test out interactive areas in the store, including appliances, Cellshop, ConnectPro installation services counter, home theatre lifestyle vignette, gaming stations, and much more.
Customers can line up for a chance to win a $500 Future Shop gift card each morning, and the first 100 people in line will receive a gift card worth up to $50.
Grand opening ribbon-cutting & donation to the Boys and Girls Clubs of North Simcoe
· Media are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the new Barrie store and the new staff. A donation of $5000 will be presented to Boys and Girls Clubs of North Simcoe.
Who: Tony Garland, General Manager, Future Shop
JP Nelson, District Manager, Future Shop
Lindsay McNab, Director of the Boys and Girls Club Midland Unit
Mayor Jeff Lehman, City of Barrie
Future Shop associates
Excited customers lining up for the grand opening kickoff
When: Friday, August 26, 2011 at 9:45 a.m.
Where: Future Shop
80 Concert Way, Unit 4
Barrie, ON L4N 6N5
Grand opening weekend celebrations (August 26-28)
· Meet Tara Oram: The Canadian country music star will be meeting customers and signing autographs and performing for the crowd on Sunday, August 28 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Jam with Slow Motion Victory: One of Canada’s favourite new bands will be performing live on Saturday August 27 at 7:00 p.m.
· DJ Steve Sharp: will be spinning and entertaining the crowd all weekend long. Come try your skills at the Hercules DJ booth and take a turn spinning the Spin Wheel to win prizes.
· Crack the Code game: Enter to win great prizes including; TVs, DJ Equipment, cameras, iPods, and more. Your best guess is your chance to win!
· Live product demonstrations: Demo stations for Monster Headphones, Breville small appliances and the latest Apple products
Opening weekend store hours
· Friday, August 26: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday, August 27: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Sunday, August 28: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Grand Opening Sales, including:
· Canon T2i 18.0 Megapixel DSLR Camera for $949.99 (Save $260.00)
· Sharp 60" Aquos LCD HDTV for $999.99 (Save $500.00)
· HP Laptop Featuring VISION E2 Technology for $299.99 (Save $150.00)
· 16 GB Wi-Fi Acer Android Tablet for $299.99 (Save $100.00)
· World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector’s Edition (PC) for $39.99 (Save $40.00)
About Future Shop
With 148 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
Elliott Chun, Communications Manager │Future Shop │firstname.lastname@example.org │604.412.1764
Press room: www.futureshop.ca/media