On Friday, September 24, Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, celebrates the opening of its new store in Kitchener. Grand opening celebrations throughout the weekend include a donation to the United Way of Kitchener Waterloo & Area, door-crasher deals and giveaways. Future Shop's Product Experts will be available to demonstrate the latest technology and assist customers in choosing products to fit and enhance their lifestyles.
Customers are invited to test out interactive areas laid out in 28,000 sq. ft. of the new store, including appliances, Cellshop, ConnectPro installation services counter, home theatre lifestyle vignette, gaming stations, and much more.
Grand opening ribbon-cutting & donation to United Way of Kitchener Waterloo & Area
Media are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the new Kitchener store as well as meet the new staff. A donation of $2,500 will be presented to the United Way of Kitchener Waterloo & Area.
Who: Andrea Penner, General Manager, Future Shop
Philip Pearce, District Manager, Future Shop
Amy Gruber, Resource Development Officer, United Way of Kitchener Waterloo & Area
Carl Zehr, Mayor, City of Kitchener
Associates of the new Kitchener Future Shop
Excited customers lining up for the grand opening kickoff
When: Friday, September 24, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
Where: Future Shop
Sunrise Shopping Centre, 1400 Ottawa St. S. (at Fischer Hallman Rd.)
Grand opening weekend celebrations at Future Shop’s new Kitchener store (September 24-26)
· Line up and win: Future Shop gift card giveaways: The first 100 customers in line each weekend morning will receive a Future Shop Gift Card valued at $5, $25 or $50. Each morning, one lucky customer will win a $500 shopping spree!
· Kick it to win it: Customers can show off their lightning legs to win fantastic prizes each day.
· Game on: Customers are invited to get into the action with head-to-head tournament play with FIFA Soccer on Playstation 3 Live. Also, the Playstation 3 gaming rig will be on-site offering customers the chance to play the latest in gaming.
· See in 3D: Enter to win a $3,000 3DTV package that includes a 55” Samsung 3D TV, two pairs of glasses, movie and blu-ray player.h
Opening weekend store hours
· Friday, September 24: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday, September 25: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Sunday, September 26: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
About Future Shop
With 146 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online Community Forum and Tech Blog for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshopforums.ca). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profits organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
For more information or to arrange an interview, contact
P: (604) 412-1764