On Friday, September 10, Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, celebrates the opening of its 146th store in Cowichan, BC. Grand opening celebrations throughout the weekend include a donation to the Cowichan United Way, door-crasher deals and giveaways. Future Shop's Product Experts will be available to demonstrate the latest technology and assist customers in choosing products to fit and enhance their lifestyles.
Customers are invited to test out interactive areas laid out in more than 20,000 sq. ft. of the store, including appliances, Cellshop, ConnectPro installation services counter, home theatre lifestyle vignette, gaming stations, and much more.
Grand opening ribbon-cutting and donation to Cowichan United Way
Media are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the new Cowichan store as well as meet the new staff. A donation of $2,500 will be presented to the Cowichan United Way.
Who: Steve Leduc, General Manager, Future Shop
John Minelli, District Manager, Future Shop
Tom Walker, Mayor, District of North Cowichan
Tom Duncan, Councillor, City of Duncan and board member of the Cowichan United Way
Associates of the new Cowichan Future Shop
Excited customers lining up for the grand opening kickoff
When: Friday, September 10, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
Where: Future Shop
2900 Drinkwater Rd.
Weekend grand opening celebrations at the Cowichan Future Shop
· Line up and win: Future Shop gift card giveaways: Every morning from September 10-12. The first 100 customers in line each morning will receive a Future Shop Gift Card valued at $5, $25 or $50. Each morning, one lucky customer will win a $500 shopping spree!
· Game on: Customers are invited to participate in the PlayStation 3 ModNation Racers gaming tournament for a chance to win a PlayStation 3 bundle including a 40” Sony Bravia TV and home theatre system.
· Amazing race: Partake in the outdoor remote control racing track to win cool prizes.
· See in 3D: Enter to win a $3,000 3DTV package that includes a 55” Samsung 3D TV, two pairs of glasses, movie and blu-ray player.
Opening weekend store hours
· Friday, September 10: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday, September 11: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Sunday, September 12: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
About Future Shop
With 145 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online Community Forum and Tech Blog for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshopforums.ca). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profits organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).