- Future Shop is opening its 149th store in West Kelowna; the second location in the Greater Kelowna Area
- Media are invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs, Westbank First Nations and Mayor Findlater
- Weekend celebrations include Crack the Code game play to win and exciting giveaways
(Kelowna, BC) October 3, 2011 – On Friday, October 7, Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, is celebrating the opening of its 149th store in West Kelowna. Grand opening celebrations throughout the weekend include door-crasher deals, giveaways and a donation to the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs. Knowledgeable and excited Future Shop Product Experts are ready to assist customers with today’s hottest electronics. Residents of West Kelowna will now be able to shop for electronics in their community instead of having to make a trip into downtown Kelowna.
Grand opening ribbon-cutting & donation to the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs
· Media are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the West Kelowna store as well as meet the new staff. A donation of $5,000 will be presented to the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs.
Schedule of events:
- 9:40 .a.m. – $5,000 check presentation to Okanagan Boys & Girls clubs
- 9:45 a.m. – Westbank First Nations smudging ceremony with Councillor Mick Werstuik
- 9:50 a.m. – Welcome remarks from Mayor Doug Findlater
- 9:55 a.m. – Ribbon cutting ceremony with Westbank First Nations, Future Shop’s West Kelowna General Manager Vince Kuipers and Dameyn Parr, District Manager of Future Shop
When: Friday, October 7, 2011
Where: Future Shop
3600 Carrington Rd.
West Kelowna, BC V4T 3K7
Grand opening weekend celebrations (October 7 – 9, 2011)
· Customers are invited to play the Crack the Code game to enter and win one of four amazing prizes:
· Camera package
· iPod Touch package
· Gaming package
· Laptop package
· Each morning, customers can line up for a chance to win a $500 Future Shop gift card. The first 100 people in line will receive a gift card worth up to $50
· Coffee and donuts will fuel customers waiting in line each morning
Opening weekend store hours
· Friday, October 7: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday, October 8: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Sunday, October 9: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
About Future Shop
With 149 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
Elliott Chun, Communications Manager │Future Shop │email@example.com │604.412.1764
Press room: www.futureshop.ca/media