- Future Shop is opening its 150th store in Barrhaven; the sixth location in the Greater Ottawa Area
- Media are invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa, Deputy Mayor and Gloucester – South Nepean Councillor Steve Desroches
- Hundreds of customers expected to line-up for opening on Friday.
(Ottawa, ON) October 18, 2011 – On Friday, October 28, Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, is opening its 150th store in Barrhaven, ON with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, great giveaways and exciting stuff. The grand opening weekend celebrations also include the Crack the Code game for customers, a $500 gift card to be raffled, and a $5,000 donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa. Knowledgeable and excited Future Shop Product Experts will be on-site to welcome and assist customers with today’s hottest electronics.
Grand opening ribbon-cutting & donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa
· Media are invited to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating the Barrhaven store as well as meet the new staff. A donation of $5,000 will be presented to the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa.
Schedule of events:
- 9:40 a.m. – $5,000 check presentation to the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa
- 9:50 a.m. – Welcome remarks from Deputy Mayor and Gloucester – South Nepean Councillor Steve Desroches
- 9:55 a.m. – Ribbon cutting ceremony with Deputy Mayor and Gloucester – South Nepean Councillor Steve Desroches, Future Shop General Manager Darrell Kelloway and Future Shop District Manager Chris Ives
When: Friday, October 28, 2011
Where: Future Shop
Barrhaven Town Centre
3777 Strandherd Drive
Nepean, ON K2J 4B1
Grand opening weekend celebrations (October 28 – 30, 2011)
· The first 100 people in line will receive a gift card worth up to $50
· One customer will win a $500 gift card
· Customers are invited to play the Crack the Code game to enter and win one of four amazing prizes:
· Camera package
· iPod Touch package
· Gaming package
· Laptop package
Opening weekend store hours
· Friday, October 28: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Saturday, October 29: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· Sunday, October 30: 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
About Future Shop
With 150 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
Elliott Chun, Communications Manager │Future Shop │email@example.com │604.412.1764
Press room: www.futureshop.ca/media