Cyber Monday sale starts at Futureshop.ca on November 27 at 10:30 p.m. ET
1. Cyber Monday is second biggest online sales event in Canada and the deals drop at Futureshop.ca on Sunday, November 27, 2011
2. Staying true to Cyber Monday, Future Shop’s hottest offers will be blasted throughout the weekend of November 25th via Future Shop’s online channels such as Futureshop.ca/cybermonday, Facebook page and via Twitter (@FS_Deals)
3. Dozens of door crashers will be offered on www.futureshop.ca, and available for viewing and purchase on the Future Shop App available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
(Burnaby, BC) November 24, 2011 – Cyber Monday is only six years old, but has already become one of the largest online shopping days in Canada, next to Boxing Day. Much like US Cyber Monday shoppers, a majority of Canadians seek to purchase the best deals online from their desks on Monday morning. And with time ticking down towards the holidays, Future Shop, Canada’s largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, is giving customers huge savings on Futureshop.ca and its smartphone app with the start of the second annual Cyber Monday sale. Canadians can save big on items from all of Future Shop’s departments, including HDTVs, laptops, headphones, appliances and more – this holidays’ “most-must haves” that are sure to please loved ones this season.
“Based on the success we had with our first Cyber Monday sale last year, it’s clear Canadians are engaged on this celebrated sales day,” said Thierry Hay-Sabourin, Director of eCommerce, Future Shop. “As Canadians expect from Futureshop.ca, we’re bringing the best of Cyber Monday offers to Canadians. And our Cyber Monday sale immediately follows our three-day weekend sale, extending the weekend with a bang.”
Starting on Sunday, November 27 at 10:30 p.m. ET, consumers will benefit from tons of items on sale on www.futureshop.ca, Canada’s top retail website. Additionally, purchases can be made on the Future Shop App available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, which boasts more than 300,000 free downloads to date. The sale ends on Tuesday, November 29 at 3:00 a.m. ET.
To ensure Canadians survive Cyber Monday, Future Shop offers the following tips for shopping success:
· Shop at sites that offer shipping deals. Future Shop offers FREE shipping on orders over $20, including TVs up to 43”
· Check the online store is secure. Before providing credit card information. Website addresses that turn green in colour and begin with “https://” indicate the site is secure, and a locked padlock icon on the page will confirm that personal information is transmitted safely. Also, shop with web retailers who secure shopping guarantees, like Future Shop’s Safe Shopping Guarantee
· Create an account with favourite retailers. Visit futureshop.ca and add items to the personal Wish List. Check the list frequently for deals on selected products and be prepared to Add to Cart when Cyber Monday strikes
· Check on sales frequently. Add Wish List items to the Price Watch feature available on futureshop.ca and receive email notifications on any price reductions, or set the ideal price to ensure deals aren’t missed
· Research the best gift ideas. Utilize Future Shop’s Tech Yeah Community for advice on the top gift-giving ideas and this “holidays’ most must-haves”
· Follow favourite retailers on Twitter and Facebook. For up-to-the-minute deals and promotions, visit Future Shop’s Twitter account (@FS_Deals) and the Future Shop Facebook page
· Confirm online sale hours. Future Shop’s Cyber Monday sale begins Sunday, November 27 at 10:30 p.m. ET and ends Tuesday, November 29 at 3:00 a.m. ET
· Read returns policies. Ensure you read return and exchange policies so you have the flexibility of doing so after the shipment has been received. Future Shop offers easy returns in-store or online for any online now through January 8, 2012, with no re-stocking fees
· Look for low price guarantees. Avoid buyer’s remorse by purchasing an item at a higher than sale price. Buy online from an authorized retailer who offers low price guarantees
Visit Futureshop.ca/cybermonday to stay up to date on all of the saving.
- 30 -
About Future Shop
With 150 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (seewww.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
Elliott Chun │Future Shop │firstname.lastname@example.org │604.412.1764
Thierry Lopez │Future Shop │email@example.com │514.905.7713