This exciting addition to the Canon EOS System combines compact size and affordability. Improving on the previous model, Speedlite 420EX can now be set into manual flash mode (full power ~ 1/64). Flash compensation can be set on the flash unit, and manual control of the flash zoom head is now possible. Refinements in its circuitry make recycle time 20% faster.
- Significantly greater user control via LCD panel on rear of flash.
- Wide angle pull-down panel covers 14mm lens (on a full-frame camera).
- Slightly higher maximum guide number at 105mm setting (GN 141-feet, at ISO 100).
- Auto conversion of flash zoom coverage with compatible digital SLRs.
- White balance info communicated instantly to compatible digital SLRs.
- Six custom flash functions built into the 430EX (set on rear LCD panel).