The Dragon Models Space Series is a die-cast scale model collection of distinguished legendary space exploration craft models. The tiniest details have been considered and incorporated into these models. Collectors and rocket aficionados are now able to explore space on a much greater scale than before.
The fourth American space mission to land on the Moon was Apollo 15 and it was conducted from 26 July to 7 August 1971 after a Saturn V rocket blasted the spacecraft into orbit. NASA described the mission as the "most successful manned flight" up till that point. This was because Apollo 15 was the first of what are described as "J missions". A "J mission" was one that permitted a longer stay on the Moon's surface to allow more intensive scientific experimentation and exploration.
- 1/72 true-to-scale precision model of the Apollo 15 CSM performing its space mission
- Displayable spacecraft with high collectable value
- Aesthetically pleasing color finish with delicate imprinted markings
- Spacecraft has brand new parts and it's delivered fully finished and pre-painted so as to be ready for immediate display.
- Notable visual feature of the model is the distinctive antennas.
- Steerable S-band high-gain (deep space) antenna for communications with Earth there is a long HF dipole center-feed antenna. On the original craft this retractable antenna measured some 80 feet in length. The Yagi seven-element antenna used for VHF communications is also mounted on the CSM.