At long last, a personal video recorder, or PVR, that offers high quality recordings of high-definition television shows. Now you can start building a personal archive of your favourite high definition TV programs without losing the broadcast quality.
At the heart of the HD-PVR is an H.264 high-definition encoder that's built-in for high-performance, high-quality TV recordings at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1. The box includes a component video input for use with most high-definition cable TV and satellite TV receivers, as well as optical or stereo audio inputs.
- Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1
- Record at data rates from 1Mbs to 13.5Mbs, constant and Variable Bit Rate
- Make Blu-ray format AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disk and playback on Blu-ray DVD players
- Includes HD software video player, so you can playback recordings to your PC screen
- A/V component video loop through to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time
- High Performance Noise Reduction Function
- NTSC,PAL and SECAM Support
- IR Blaster to change the TV channels in your set top box
*Please Note: The terminals are to pass through between your Cable or Satellite receiver and the TV. The HDPVR isn't capable of playing video on the TV itself. It's strictly for recording on your PC.