The world's most popular party videogame is back and bigger than ever in the Mario Party 9 game, featuring great ways to play. For the first time in the franchise, boss battles crash the party and challenge players to work together. In addition, the party now travels across stages together in a vehicle towards a common goal - overcoming obstacles, battling bosses, and collecting Mini Stars stolen by Bowser and his minions.
Featuring 80 great minigames, adventurous stages, and awesome ways to play that blend cooperative and competitive action for up to four players, Mario Party 9 is the perfect way to get the party started.
- For the first time in the Mario Party franchise, each stage culminates in a Boss Battle. Players must work together to defeat classic foes such as Bowser and King Boo while still playing competitively to boost their own individual scores.
- In another first for the series, players ride across stages together in special vehicles. Players take turns as Captain of the vehicle to move the party forward, hoping to land on lucky spaces by hitting Dice Blocks. The vehicles also help to streamline gameplay and keep everyone involved in the action.
- Unique Captain Events on each stage give players a new way to change the shape of the game.
- In Mario Party 9, each themed stage has a clear destination point, but with multiple paths along the way that means no two games will play the same. From Toad Road to Boo's Horror Castle, players will encounter a wide variety of familiar Mario franchise elements in new environments that can be enjoyed solo or with friends.
- Includes 80 outrageous new minigames that find players making pizzas, escaping haunted mansions, and racing snowmobiles.