Flip Your Tech trade-in program FAQs.
1. What is the Flip Your Tech trade-in program?
Future Shop’s Flip Your Tech program offers you a convenient way to bring us your gently used electronics and trade them in for a Future Shop gift card. Due to legal restrictions, you must be at least 19 years old to take advantage of the program.
2. What can I trade-in?
We're constantly evaluating categories where we can offer you great value for electronics you no longer use. At this time, we’re only able to accept iPods & MP3 players, tablets, cellphones, laptops and gaming consoles
3. How much do I get for my stuff?
The age, condition and the original accessories included will affect the trade-in value of your items. Future Shop uses proprietary technology to evaluate your device and provide a competitive offer based on the aforementioned factors.
4. What do I need to include with my product?
Please include any manuals, accessories and packaging that came with the product. Missing manuals and accessories may impact the trade-in value offered. Please also note that to accept your item for your trade-in, it must have a visible serial number. The serial number should not be removed, scratched off or manipulated in any way. You are responsible for removing any data from your device before giving the product to us. Under no circumstances shall Future Shop be liable for any loss of any data or media from products delivered to us for trade-in or recycling.
5. What is required to complete a trade-in transaction in-store?
Due to legal restrictions, you must be at least 19 years old and have a government issued photo ID. Each store may be required to record additional information depending on its respective jurisdictional by-laws.
6. What happens to the item I trade-in?
Your device will be:
- Sold by Future Shop Secondary Markets channels or other Future Shop resale outlets (resale)
- Sent to the Service Centers (for parts and refurbished devices sold via the Future Shop outlets online)
- Responsibly disposed of via our Recycling Program
7. Do I need to bring the receipt for the item I want to trade in?
No, having a receipt will not make a difference in the trade-in transaction. Trade-in items may have been purchased from retailers other than Future Shop.
8. How do you assess the condition of my product?
Our Product Experts perform a condition check using our proprietary software system. This tool enables us to conduct a fair appraisal with standardized metrics for each product eligible for trade-in. Devices will be given one of four classifications, upon which we'll base your trade-in value:
- GOOD - The device is fully functional with no technical problems and is in like new condition.
- FAIR - The device is fully functional with no technical problems, and only a few scratches due to normal use. If the device has a screen, there are no scratches or burned out pixels.
- POOR - The device has one or more of these issues: Minor functional damage or product failure that can be easily repaired; and more than normal visible wear and tear, including cracks, dents, scratches, dirt, user-added stickers and other signs of use.
- NOT WORKING - The device has one or more of these issues: It has functional damage or product failure that affects its ability to perform its function or impairs its use and cannot be easily repaired; it has water damage or damage from other fluids. Items falling in this condition will have NO trade-in value and will not qualify for this program (unless advertised under specific promotions).
9. Why do some Future Shop stores allow me to Trade in my Used Games but not other Trade In product?
At this time internal limitations restrict our ability to accept product other than Used Games in a small group of stores.