WebID is the fastest and easiest way to learn more about the products that we carry online.
- On every flyer, you'll see a WebID next to every product available online. If there's a specific item that you're interested in, note its WebID.
- On our homepage, click on "Search by WebID".
- Enter the product WebID from the flyer and instantly learn more about your product.
Basic instructions for keyword search
- Type the item or topic you are looking for into the keyword search box.
- Select the category in which to target your search (e.g. entire site or a specific department).
- (optional) Under the keyword search box, click on Advanced search, then check the exact phrase check box if you want us to search only for the words that you have entered and in the order that you have entered them.
- Click on the "Submit" button; if you are in Advanced search, click on "Search".
See more detailed instructions below.
Keyword searches are located at the top of most pages. This search allows you to find information that contains certain words or phrases in various sections of our site.
In the event that your search results leave you with no matches or too many matches, try Advanced Search. With Advanced Search, you can specify multiple keyword criteria for your search. The Advanced Search criteria vary depending on the area of the site (e.g. Music, Computers or Entire Site) you are searching. For example, in Music, you are able to specify the artist and title, whereas in Computers, these choices are not available.
You also can search the entire site. This search will include the product catalogue and the site text, such as HELP.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does capitalization matter?
A: Only when it comes to the Boolean operators AND and OR. They have to be capitalized in order to be recognized as Boolean operators.
Q: What if I don't get the results I wanted?
A: Check your spelling. If you didn't misspell your keyword(s), check your search category and broaden your search to Entire Site.
Q: Can I enter multiple words?
A: Yes. Our search engine will list results containing all of your keywords first, followed by results that partially match your query.
Q: Does spelling matter?
A: Correctly spelling a word or phrase increases your chances of finding exactly what you are looking for. In case you are unsure of the spelling of a word, you can put a wildcard (*) at the end of the word (e.g. Mendel* will generate results for a search on "Mendellsohn.") So when it doubt, let us know. We'll work around it.
Narrow Your Search Area
You can refine your search to various sections of the site by modifying the following sections:
- department, e.g. Computers, Music
- category, e.g. under Computers: desktop computers or monitors You also can search the entire site.
This search will include the product catalogue and the site text, such as HELP.
Narrow your search results
- On the search result page, you can narrow down all results found based on categories, brand, price range and other attributes.
- Number of items found - The number of items that each search attribute yields is indicated in (). For example, "Computers (54)" indicates 54 items were found in Computers that are related to your search keyword.
- Based on your search keyword, the search result page can display items according to price, title, or customer rating.